#OccupyShopping editorial cartoon and Top 10 Occupy Shopping jokes
“You know you are having a great Black Friday if you avoid the malls.” — Yasha Harari
- “Top 10 #OccupyShopping jokes”
- 10. On Black Friday, the other 99% of people in mega stores will outnumber the top 1% of retail employees earning holiday wages.
- 9. If you occupy shopping malls, will you buy things within their walls?
- 8. On Black Friday, #OWS stands for Occupy Weekend Sales.
- 7. #OccupyWallStreet is upset that of the 152 Million estimated brick and mortar shoppers going to gift-hunt this Black Friday, the top 1% of them will buy half the items.
- 6. Observe American consumer holiday traditions. Occupy Shopping Carts with great products. Enrich the top 1% of Chinese manufacturing moguls who profit from your complacent, group-think behavior.
- 5. President Obama wants you to Occupy Stores with open hearts and open wallets, because it gives him a weekend not to hear .
- 4. Even the delicious birds who survived Thanksgiving Thursday don’t shop on Black Friday.
- 3. Part of the hype and excitement of Black Friday is being first in line to get the latest and greatest gifts for loved ones, which is about as mature as a three year old who wants something trivial and unnecessary RIGHT NOW! For that reason alone, you should #OccupyShopping and refuse frivolous requests backed solely by marketing and ads.
- 2. It’s a lot easier to occupy shopping than to change the system the day after everyone has gouged themselves on a Thanksgiving turkey feast that can’t be beat.
- … and the #1 Occupy Shopping joke is:
- 1. #OccupyShopping – Black Friday is here. Don’t despair. Pretend you care.
- Reference: Yasha Harari for TheDailyDose.com.