Ten Years of War in Afghanistan editorial cartoon and Top 10 War on Terror jokes
- “The war on terror is no joke, because most people who try to make it funny just end up bombing it.” — Yasha Harari
- “Top 10 War on Terror jokes”
- 10. Economy: Frustrated by high unemployment and low salaries? Learn to make things that go “Ka-Boom!” and make money on the Afghan market.
- 9. Food: In Kabul, a new chain of sweet food vendors are marketing an Afghan version of the Cinnabun, called the Talibun, available until the Allied forces complete their withdrawal.
- 8. Irony: In 2011, the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded on the 10th anniversary of the US-led military operations in Afghanistan and the ongoing War on Terror.
- 7. Technology: Would drone strikes and the War on Terror be as unpopular if instead of exploding things, they were planting cash crops?
- 6. Iambic Pentameter: Ten years of the war in Afghanistan were launched by the acts of a now dead man.
- 5. Politics: Politicians don’t kill people in war. People kill people in war. Proof that politicians are not people.
- 4. Haiku: Osama went nuts. He attacked America. Ten year wars take guts.
- 3. Internet: You can’t solve the War on Terror with a social network. It takes a killer app.
- 2. Religion: Like the battle of religion and skepticism, both sides are in it to win it. They believe their way is the only winning way. Yet at least one of them will be wrong.
- … and the #1 War on Terror joke is:
- 1. The Beach Boys are very disappointed that after a decade of the War on Terror, America has yet to bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran.
- Reference: Yasha Harari for TheDailyDose.com.